Building a Reputation for Consistent Excellence
Westech LLC began extruding custom shapes for the window and door industry in 1979 as Engineered Profiles Ltd. In 1983, the first fullywelded casement window system was designed and offered to window fabricators. As the market conditions dictated new systems were added to meet the growing demands for maintenance-free, energy-efficient, vinyl windows.
In 1994, a vinyl fence program was developed and promoted under the Westech Building Products banner. Westech has since developed many innovative product lines that have become the benchmark for product quality and performance in the fence, deck and railing industry. Both the fence and window divisions now operate under the Westech Building Products,a Westlake Chemical company. Westlake Chemical has been awarded the following recognitions.
- 2018 Association of American Railroads - NAR Grand Slam Award
- 2018 Houston Chronicle Top 100 (#1)
- 2018 Fortune 500 (#352)
- 2018 BNSF Railway - Product Stewardship Award (6th year)
- 2018 Canadian National - Safe Handling Award
- 2018 CSX Chemical Safety Excellence Award (14th year)
- 2018 Forbes Global 2000
- 2018 Kansas City Southern - Hazardous Materials Shipper Safety Award
- 2018 National Diversity Council – Top 25 Diversity Company in Texas
- 2018 Norfolk Southern - Thoroughbred Chemical Safety Award
- 2018 Russell 1000